Information regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Genea has been closely monitoring official advice regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and adopting best practice guidelines at all of our clinics. We are continuing to offer treatment to our patients. We understand that the decision to begin treatment at this time is a personal one so we recommend discussing your specific circumstances with your Fertility Specialist.
Genea continues to follow the advice of local agencies including the Fertility Society of Australia (updated 20 March) and the advice from the Australian Department of Health, which is updated daily on their official site.
We would also like to share further information about enhanced precautionary measures we have put in place across our clinic network.
The wellbeing of our patients and staff is always our priority and we ask for your assistance in order for us to continue to provide the best possible care at this time.
You may notice some changes in our reception areas, such as signage referring to our interactions with you, as well as hand sanitiser that we request you use upon entry. We’ve also temporarily removed magazines and some of our snacks.
Behind the scenes, we’re also increasing the frequency and level of cleaning in all patient areas including bathrooms, waiting areas and clinical areas. And as you know in our laboratories, your embryos develop in individual chambers in our world leading Geri incubatorTM, exclusive to Genea.
What we need you to do:
1. Let us know if you or your support person:
- are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, headache, runny nose, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, ahead of attending one of our clinics.
- have travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
- have had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
2. Apply hand sanitiser gel on arrival to our clinic.
3. For the protection of patients and their families, please consider who needs to be with you at your appointments and procedures. In addition, we respectfully request that you do not bring children to the clinic at this time.
4. If you prefer not to attend the clinic all Fertility Specialist, Nursing, PRC, and Counselling appointments can be done via phone/Skype. Please let us know so this can be arranged in advance.
We understand that this can be an anxious time and would like to remind you that our Counsellors are here for our patients. You can contact them directly through Reception or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your cooperation during this time and we will continue to update you as more information comes to hand.
Please contact your Nursing Team if you have any questions or concerns.
Further information and advice
A dedicated National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) has been established alongside a suite of reliable sources of information about COVID-19:
- People are being encouraged to to go online to healthdirect.gov.au/coronavirus to find the information they need and relieve the demand on the helplines.
- The HealthDirect website is regularly updated from government sources to provide timely and accurate consumer-friendly advice and information.
- HealthDirect also has a Symptoms Checker - it's an online self-guided tool which has been updated to identify people experiencing COVID-19-specific symptoms and provide advice on what they should do next, such as calling ahead before a visit to a GP or emergency department.
- There is a HealthDirect app which includes all of the above in one place.